Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wednesday writing distraction

We went to a party on Friday, and I asked my husband what Mike's wife's name was.

"What's my microwave's name?" asks my deaf husband. "Sharp, I think." He also answers. With a straight face.

Oh boy.

So, this week is not a great one. I had bad news. The Neurosurgeon I saw at Mayo last summer looked at the recent MRI of my head and decided the narrowed vessel was worse and I need to go back to Mayo. For some people this would not be a big deal, but I live in Montana and Mayo clinic is in Minnesota, about a 1300 mile trip. It's 20 hours of driving. Boo.

The good news is that my husband does not have a hernia, so no expensive operation for him. Yay! And, I am finding that writing and the movie Despicable Me 2 are both good distractions from the troubles of bad health. Weirdly, it is not the health I am worried about, it's the damn money. The insurance is much worse in 2014 than it was this year, so it will be much more expensive. How will we do it?

How? I will write and write and write... to take my mind off of what I can't change. I will go to the doctor and let him do bypass surgery in my brain if that is what he wants to do so that I don't have a stroke... at forty two. And I will write. I will write to cope, I will write to live and I will write so that I don't disappear from the earth... at forty two.

GOALS:
Goal last weekend (Friday through Monday) 3000 words, made it with 3336.
Goal this weekend (Friday through Monday) 9000 words. This will get me to 200,000 for the year. I would really like that. And, I think I need the distraction.

Physical: Treadmill walk fifteen minutes three days Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Make a nice salad for the weekend. No fast food. Gotta take care of the brain.

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the health news but I'm glad that your writing gives you a distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing!!! Hugs on the long trip, but I'm glad they noticed the problem. Super glad your husband doesn't have a hernia. My husband had to have a mesh liner and it bothers him to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dunmurderin, gonna keep writing! Dawn, I agree, and the cost kills me. I'm glad he is healthy! Writing has become a huge escape for me. Thank you, NaNo and WriYe!

    ReplyDelete