Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday check in between challenges

SO SICK.

This week has been about taking care of my sweetie... well, trying to. I am pretty dependent on him when it comes to eating. So we ate canned food or takeout. Not great for getting over the creeping crud, and not good for either of us as far as our health goes. He got sick on Christmas. I started getting sick on Friday and it hit will full force on Saturday. I would have gladly let someone shoot me. I would have felt better.

You would think, working in health care, I would get sick a lot, but the opposite is actually true. Once you get past the first year or so, you have been introduced to all the bugs, viral and bacterial, and you tend to be less susceptible. This is a good thing. But, once in a while, you still get sick. For real sick. And I am. Bleh. Which is how I feel.

So, I don't think I'll make my 200,000 word goal for the year. Unless I feel a surprising amount better tomorrow. If I don't, I won't put any pressure on myself to finish. I did pretty well getting to 195,000 words on my first try. Yay for that!

I know it's between rounds, but I am enjoying the check ins twice a week, they are keeping me honest. I plan to just keep on checking in. This week, there just wasn't much to report. Have a great New Year Day to everyone with the same calendar as us in the US, and a great week to everyone for whom January 1 is not a holiday, enjoy the week. I wish you health!!

No comments:

Post a Comment