Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Check-in with Rebecca

ROW80 Check in Sunday!
I like this having to check in twice a week, it keeps me thinking about what I am doing pretty consistently. I wrote my 1000 words on Thursday, as I had planned. We went to our Christmas party on Friday, which was quite fun. I didn't get there until about 7:30, and it started about an hour before that. I did get most of my work done, though, yay, me! Last year, my work took up so much of my time that I had no life. This year, I am taking my life back and making sure that I have things in my life other than work.

I wrote 290 on Saturday (because it was such bad weather, I did not take the 400 mile trip and risk life and limb to get the child. Boo for having to wait. Yay for not defying death.) and I am at 1500 for the day but not yet done. So, I think, I'll make my 3000 for the weekend like I had planned even with a CT tomorrow for my hubby (poor guy is nervous, I don't blame him a bit, I hate those things) and a meeting I have to present at tomorrow night.

This challenge is helping me to get back on track. SO:

Goals for the week and the rest of the round

1. Writing: 1000 words at least 3 days a week. That will put me at about 200,000 words for the year, and a respectable finish for my year. I'm at 191,275 words since Jan 1, 2013. Decent Freshman effort. If it takes a million words to get to some good ones, I have a few years to go, but I'm excited about the journey. I have been writing for a long time, just not seriously.

2. Physical: Walk on the treadmill 10-20 minutes a day at least three days a week until the end of the year. This will help to get me back on track to physical fitness, which I have been ignoring for about three years. Can't continue to do that. And I love to run.

3. Work balance: Work to 7pm on my 4 days a week and no more. No weekend work, no longer days than that. It makes an 11.5 hour day and that is enough. I am on two committees and that is enough. I love my work, but it must not take up my whole life.

That's it for my Sunday check-in, hope everyone has a wonderful early December week and that no one gets too cold. We have had some seriously cold temps here over the last week. I wish for indoor gas stations. :)



Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

2 comments:

  1. That's a ton of words for the year! Good for you - seems like you're well on your way to those million words. :)

    Have a good week and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, gypsyharbor, it has been satisfying, but I hope to double it next year. My minimum goal is 260,000 words. That means 4 years to a million. Seems like a long time...

      Have a good week!

      Delete