Monday, December 16, 2013

Limited Obsession

Well, the Sunday check in is not exactly what I had hoped it would be. I guess that's why we do this, though, right? Keep on keeping on. So, my goal was to write 9000 words this weekend and get to 200,000 words for the year. I didn't get there. I wrote 2300 words, though. I'm at 194,000 words for the year, which isn't too bad. I'm a little disappointed, but really, it was a pretty good weekend. I finished up the Christmas shopping, read a couple of good books, may have found a new author that I like and didn't eat too much crap.

The bad news is that I didn't work out at all, I am so tired and don't know why (a new cold sore may explain some of the fatigue), and I am feeling a bit headachy. Hopefully, it won't turn into something. This is the only reason I miss work. Stupid migraines. When they did the original MRI of my head, I had hoped they would find something that could be fixed because I was so miserable. Now, I wish there was nothing wrong.

Either way, I must get back into good shape. Writing helps to distract me. Now, I must start taking better physical care of my body. I wish it was as easy as it seems like it will be when I make the goal. Boo to tired. I also know that if I work out regularly for a week or so, the tired will get so much better. Here's what I didn't do...obsess. I have to plan. Plan my food, plan my workouts and then follow through. So, new goals this week.

1- Write 1000 words a day until the end of the year. I found a new warm up that I am going to try over at the Accidental Novelist's old site. I tried some of them today and found the chaining method to be super helpful.

2-Obsess over working out for my 5 day off stretch. I am on call over Christmas for a couple days, but not working for 5 days in a row. This would be a great time for me to start working out.  So, I used to have a work out journal. I will  decide whether to do it separately or to put it in my regular journal. I am going to make up a term, limited obsession, to use when I am trying to plan my workouts and eating patterns. I can't get carried away with it to the exclusion of writing and working, etc, but I have to focus more than I am. I NEED a PLAN.

3-Relax and have a nice Christmas. Sometimes I forget to relax and chill. This is my reminder.

Have a great week, everyone!


Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

No comments:

Post a Comment