Sunday, October 22, 2017

Full and happy week and ROW Round 4 check in

Wow, this week has been full of stuff.

I have taken the doggie for a walk twice. On Tuesday, I was sure I killed her. She was so lazy and out of it, not acting like herself. We finally figured out that she was sore from the walk. Apparently, dogs need to ease into it as well. I took her again yesterday and she is tired and sleeping more today, but not nearly as sore as Tuesday. She worried me then, now she is just tired.

Libby


This week, I have also done three run-walk-runs and focused on my core and being in neutral position as I am walking and running. This is MUCH harder than I ever thought it could be. Like learning how to walk all over again. I walk and then stop, find neutral spine, which feels a bit like I am tucked too far under with my bum, then run or walk, whatever I am on for the cycle. Right now, I am still at 10 seconds of running and 30 seconds of walking. Feeling fine and activating the "dead butt."

Writing has been fabulous this week, and getting in the true spirit of ROW80, I am finding a more sustainable pace than I typically write during November because of NaNo. I love the support and camaraderie of the NaNo forums and knowing that I am not the only one that is struggling with the down side of writing. Sometimes it is just HARD. Worth it, but hard.

I wrote 250-500 words on typical work days and then today, more words. So the total for the week was 2666 words, and completely manageable into the forseeable future. I have also FOUND MY STORY, which was my most important writing goal for this week. I started on a story I found too boring to hold my interest, so I kept looking until I found the one. It will be called a Focused Witch unless a new and better name presents itself along the way.

This week had no friend time outside of work, but the hubby needed me since he had a tougher week. I do have a journaling meet-up set up for Monday and am super excited about seeing this friend I have not seen for about 6 months. Too long.




5 comments:

  1. Finding your story and a sustainable pace are both HUGE. So, I'd say that's an awesome week, even if your pooch doesn't agree with you! =D

    I always want to get to the forums, but somehow never quite manage to do it the way I want...maybe this year will be different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was getting a bit panicky until the story showed up. Silly, but I feel better now and am ready for November.

      Delete
  2. a successful week I'd say - well done - keep smiling:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finding your story--such a great feeling! And a pace--hurrah!
    I need to work on my core strength to get better balance, but it feels so unbalanced when I try, I get into a crazy spiral. Good for you doing the intervals.

    ReplyDelete