Monday, October 16, 2017

ROW80 Round 4 check in

Yippee, I completed 976 words so far this week. My goal was 250 words a day, so, not quite at my goal. I am still happy with it. My goal was to work on fitting writing into my life. This month, I have a core class every Tuesday and Thursday, that is making me behind just a bit at work. This affects my ability to let go of work and get CREATIVE. So, almost 1000 words fit into my life in the first week of trying, while sticking with yoga, my core class and adding a run-walk-run on Saturday with a good friend. Pretty good.

Goal 1:  Find the level of writing I can maintain...this week, it was 1000 words.

Goal 2: Maintain interaction with my peeps...this week, went to a run-walk-run event with a friend I miss. So lovely! Oh, and I still enjoyed my writing all week!

Goal 3: NaNo hasn't started yet, so this is on hold except for figuring out the story world I will be working with during November.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, looking at your wordcount goal and thinking about your original plan of "learning goals" as opposed to directives (from your last post)... maybe you should set your (non-NaNoWriMo) writing goal as something less arbitrary than a number. Perhaps a scene or a bit of research that you need to finish...

    Though I love how your goal #2 is going. Time with a friend is a great way to maintain interaction and refill the mental wells.

    Have a great writing week, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, I love the idea of not counting words, but I think I have to have some idea of what is possible with my current schedule. I really don't want to feel pressured to write in November, I want to have FUN!

    I started using the 90 day novel idea this week and am "holding the story loosely" as Mr Watt says. This makes it more fun to write as I am just writing stream of consciousness all those bits and bobs that are running through my head. I am not putting any pressure on myself to write a certain number of words, just trying to figure out what my story will be and what my weekends will look like in November. I have had 10,000 word days, though I'd rather do that early in November and not on the 30th...

    Thanks for your great insights.

    ReplyDelete