Thursday, November 2, 2017

ROW check in 8, NaNo starts

Well, this check in is not very timely, but here it is.
I am working on a few goals for this week:
1. Write 8400 words in 5 sessions. I have been writing by hand, which I love, but it is not very efficient, so I broke down and set up my Scrivener. So far, so good. It is helping and on Day 2 of NaNoWriMo, I end the day with 4702 words. Yay! (Blue stickies)

2. Yoga 4-6 times a week: This is the easiest goal I have ever had. It calls me and is really important to get my mind in the right place and was soooo important this week when our money was totally stolen from the bank. I am living on the $100 I had stashed in my wallet because of some hacker. Yoga helps me stay sane and non-homicidal. (Yellow stickies)

3. Run-walk-run: started this again and am excited about 2 times a week. The other things I have planned are all NaNo related. I put a lot of pressure on myself most years to get the words written, This year, all fun, no pressure, just find the story.(Red stickies)





The colors in my planner are to help me get things done without being too much pressure. Stickies, I can move and don't make me twitchy. The green stickies are journaling to remind me that I love it and not to quit.

Ended Thursday with 4702 words. Yay for NaNo.

http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=692478

4 comments:

  1. Love that picture of the adorable dog -- and your journal. I'm all in favor of setting and achieving goals that reduce stress. Exercise, yoga, and lots of writing (plus a happy hubby and dog) sound just wonderful. I'm not as productive this year with NaNo because I want to finish revising my wip, and I can't quite bring myself to count words revising. Have a great week and keep those words coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! Happy revising.

      Delete
    2. sorry about your hacker will the bank help at all? - you def. need stress buster on your side - all the best:)

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about the hacker situation. That's scary, especially with all the breaches that have been going on.

    Great progress on your goals despite this. I'm glad you had yoga there to help you center through it all!

    ReplyDelete