Sunday, November 26, 2017

ROW 80 check in 11/26

Well, things are going well.
A week ago I could not have said the same thing. I was at 26k last week, which was well behind the goal. Today, I am at 40,244 which is only about 3K behind and I am confident in my ability to write 5k for two days and make my goal!


1. Write to a goal of 43K.
I am at 40,244 which is close enough. Tomorrow, I have a half day to write and the day after that I get a bonus day to finish. I usually work on Tuesday, so am very excited about getting the day to write. And my work is all caught up at my JOB. Yay, for great focus.

2. Yoga most days:
This is going well, 5/7 days this week. This is a 71%, which is not great, but I will take it until my word count is caught up.

3. Run walk run:
Still aiming for 2 times a week. This week, only made one, but I am still happy that it is still on my radar and that this week's run was 3 miles rather than the puny 2 I have been doing. There is a story behind this. I found out I have something called dead butt syndrome, which is when the glutes do not fire at all. I have been working really hard to get them activated, which I have learned over the last 2 months. But, I figured out today that activation is not the same as use. When I have figured out how to actually use the glutes to propel me, I am so much faster (2 min per mile faster) and it is more fun to run. Yay.









8 comments:

  1. Woohoo for getting close to caught up. I'm right on schedule to finish my goal at the end of the month. I'd like to get ahead, but I won't complain too much about staying on track at the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have had to stay on par this month, but I have really enjoyed writing this November and hope to continue until the story is finished!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of dead butt syndrome - I've definitely got that!

    Looks like you are right on task with your writing goals. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Learning about it hashelped to fight it. Who knew such a thing existed?

      Delete
  3. You have the goal line in your sights--how exciting! I'm a NaNo rebel, but I'm having a lot fo fun with it this year.

    I'm impressed by the difference your glutes make in the speed you run--I wouldn't have thought they would make that big a difference. I need to work on my core strength and my balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s how I got my glutes back, core training and lots of brain work! I am trying to get an IT band issue under control for the half marathon in July 2018.

      Delete
  4. Dead glutes--who knew such a think could exist? Wow. At least you know about it and can hopefully do something about it now. And you also plowed through those NaNo words (there always seems those few days in the middle of the month where things just lag... cheers for getting through them)

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I always forget about WEEK 2. So hard. But I did it. Now, to edit....

      Delete